Katie Price embarrassed her new husband Alex Reid on live television yesterday when she accidentally called him Peter Andre.
The glamour model, 31, was discussing her husband on This Morning, when she referred to the couple as ‘mine and Pete’.
The mother-of-three quickly realised her mistake and tutted at herself, before going on to say ‘I mean, mine and Alex…’
– But having gone from being Andre’s wife to a second marriage with cagefighter Reid in just nine months, perhaps she can be forgiven for the slip-up.
After a small, private ceremony in the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas on February 2, Price and Reid are planning to repeat their vows in a blessing in England this summer.
She told This Morning hosts Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby: ‘Well because our family couldn’t be there, and the reason we got married in Vegas was because Alex proposed to me after his first fight – my first fight of seeing him – in September and we tried to get married at Christmas.
And the only place we could get married was Vegas because you have to be divorced a certain amount of time to get married here, abroad, anywhere… so Vegas was the only place to go.
‘We are doing like a blessing in the summer because we want all out family there. His mum would like to see her son get married and my mum would like to see it again so…yeah, we can’t wait.’
Price said her second marriage will me a lot more private than her first ceremony to Andre in 2005, which saw the bride dress in a pink ballgown and was broadcast on the couple’s reality TV show.
She explained: ‘We are both going to decide together and get his families involved, his mum, my mum, we’re all going to do it as a family thing – how really it should be done, not how other people tell you to do it. We’re not going to have a wedding planner; we’re literally going to do it ourselves.’
As well planning the blessing, Price admitted they were trying for a baby together and were also house-hunting.
She said: ‘His fighter name is Reidinator, so you know when you say pregnated (sic) so like I’ve been Reidinated!… So we are trying for a baby. I can’t wait. Yeah, I can’t wait.’
Price confirmed rumours she was launching a children’s make-up range – despite the controversy over photos of her two-year-old daughter Princess Tiaamii wearing fake eyelashes and lip gloss earlier this year.
She said: ‘I’m doing children’s make up and Princess isn’t the face or fronting it. We went to Disneyland a few weeks ago and they do make up there put that put glitter in it, but mine wont be having glitter…it’ll be no different to what they sell at Toys R Us – it’ll be edible and safe.’
Defending Princess’s use of her make-up, she explained: ‘The amount of times I go to get my lip liner and it’s blunt because she’s there trying in on or drawing on the mirror with it, but that’s just a child. All my friends’ daughters do it.’